Wednesday 4 January 2012

The holidays are over - thank goodness!

During December 2011 I longed for the xmas holidays. We were so busy - cleaning carpets in hotels & homes, spring cleaning houses so they were nice for visitors or just because they were going on the property market, rushing home and cleaning offices and then all in between this madness working on our new online business. It was crazy and how we got through it all without having a nervous breakdown I'll never know. I suppose what kept us going was the tantalising thought that come xmas eve we could down tools and R-E-L-A-X.

I had it all planned. I was going to spend the entire day in my pyjamas, eat my own body weight (ahem, that's rather a lot) in Roses chocolates, and drape myself across the sofa whilst watching endless television.

I yearned for this wonderful break from work. I dreamt of these few days when we were going to do -- absolutely nothing.


By eleven o'clock Xmas morning I had decided that being in PJs all day was slightly stupid especially when I had to go out into the garden to pick up after my dogs. (Pyjama wearing woman spotted in garden with a pooper scooper!)




By three o'clock in the afternoon I was sick of the sight of Roses chocolates and by seven o'clock I was sitting, crossly, on the sofa telling anyone that would listen that TV was not like it was in my day when on xmas day we actually had television programmes worth watching!


Morecambe and Wise Christmas Special!



By Boxing day I was at my computer, hoping some other bored souls would be buying from our online shop and by the bank holiday Monday if anyone had asked me to clean out their oven or scrub their bathroom, I'd have jumped at the chance.


I guess what I really need is to get away to somewhere fun and interesting over the holidays because being a couch potato doesn't do it for me.



So next xmas - God willing - I'm going to find somewhere nice to go. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment