Sunday 6 March 2011

Let me leave you with a kiss

I have seriously got to stop ending my emails with a kiss a.k.a 'X'

I email friends and sign off with an X. But last week I signed off with an 'X' on emails quoting a cleaning job and ordering a banner off eBay -- both to blokes. My best hope is they think that's my name, y'know like 'Malcom X' or 'Jessie J' After all, plenty of surnames begin with X...um...like...Xavier?

At worst they'll think that I'm some kind of online floozie who sits at her computer in an animal print dress prowling the net, throwing out random 'Xs' to see who takes the bait. 'Oy, missus. Was you offering me a smacker at the end of that email?'

Maybe I'm reading too much into it? I should get out more.

And while I'm talking about getting out more. I spent a fabulous day at Caernarfon Castle on St David's day. I love castles. I can't help but try and imagine what they would have looked like in their day. I know castles were pretty much a masculine environment and women were few but there usually was a lady and her staff present. Whenever I wander around a castle I picture myself swishing around the towers and turrets in a long, woollen gown, edged in linen, bit of embroidery on it to make it look pretty. But, knowing my luck I'd probably be the castle cleaner!

No comments:

Post a Comment